What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Dynon Skyview Maps/Charts Provider

N890GF

Just saw the post from Sun N' Fun from Dynon (and got the email). There is a new company Airmate, that can provide charts and maps for Dynon Skyview and its only $49.99 a year! This doesn't change any of the IFR legality for Skyview (still need a separate certified Navigator), but from my understanding its quite a bit cheaper (50%?) compared to Seattle Avionics.

Didn't see any posts on it yet, so figured I'd share as this seems like a good deal.

Announcement from Dynon today (via email):

i-T3qWtcr-X2.jpg

No Response

Hope you had better luck than I did when attempting to sign up. Never got a response to verify my email so I'm effectively locked out.

I'm a little bummed that I just renewed my Seattle Avionics $99 subscription. It would have been nice to switch to the less expensive option before my renewal. Oh well, $99 is still worth the use I get out of it during the year. Next year will be even better. :)

I'm getting near the time to possibly renew my Seattle Avionics data subscription for my RV-12's Dynon SV. Are there any user reports out there as to whether or not the new AIRMATE data subscription is working out satisfactorily? Ideally I would like to use my MacBook Air for this and the Seattle Avionics' PC interface appears horrendous to this old pilot.

I tried and like the Airmate data. I continue to use the Dynon Aviation and Obstacle data but add the AirMate low IFR chart and approach plates.

Back