What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fort Worth, TX to Gillette WY

RDOG

Well Known Member
On Tuesday June 14 I'll be flying N1212K from Denton TX to Gillette WY. I'll have to stop for gas somewhere, so if anyone is interested in seeing our RV-12
let me know. I'll try to plan my fuel stops accordingly. May even be able to fit a ride or two on the way if your interested let me know.
SSPX0150.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Sounds like a great trip! Take lots of pictures and if you go by Mt. Rushmore, make sure you get a close-up. I'm still stuck in my 50 mile radius from home airport, but maybe someday I'll be able to make a trip like that. Have fun! Steve

My favorite gas stops from Dallas to BZN are Hays, KS (good crosswind runways, not always the cheapest gas, show off your RV-12 in front of the RANS factory), McCook, ME (MCK), Alliance, NE (AIA) and Scottsbluff, NE (BFF). We often spend the night in AIA or BFF when it's high summer and there is a high probability of convective on the plains.

Enjoy the trip!

TODR

That looks familiar :D

Are you happy with the outcome of the design in real life or would you have done it a bit different if you could do it over again?
Nice to see the same design on a real aircraft, it's hard to visualize it when drawing in 2D.

Last edited:
It's just begging!

On Tuesday June 14 I'll be flying N1212K from Denton TX to Gillette WY. I'll have to stop for gas somewhere, so if anyone is interested in seeing our RV-12
let me know. I'll try to plan my fuel stops accordingly. May even be able to fit a ride or two on the way if your interested let me know.
SSPX0150.jpg
[/IMG]

The "mouth" on your airplane is just begging for air under its wings!:)

Best,

Definitely better looking than last year

John and Colin,

This is a definite improvement in looks over what you flew into Oshkosh last summer--looks like Haruko and I will still be driving there this year...still will need to get y'all down to Austin to get Haruko some serious stick time. I trust we'll see you again this year in Osh?

Rob

Paint

John and Colin,

Yes, the paint job is awesome! Who did it? And since I grew up in Wyoming I can say its way too nice for Gillette! lol

Pete

So it's still true that the best thing to come out of Wyoming is Interstate 80? Or maybe its N1212K on its return to Texas?

or me?:D I had better be careful, I go back (yes in the 12) every year to see all of the family that stayed behind. When they come visit they scream about the heat...funny world.

The BIG show

Rob,

Tickets are bought. Can't hardly wait to go. We will have a few neat things to show you when you get there. we just can't stop tweeking things.

If you're anywhere near 2OK2, that's Twin Lakes, 14 miles east of OKC, I've got room in my hangar if you need it. I'd even buy some gas for a ride.:)

Marshall Alexander
(405) 417-6077

Back