What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Visiting Houston William Hubby - KHOU

aguiraf

Well Known Member
I will be flying to KHOU this coming Friday to attend the Houston Half Marathon. I would appreciate any information as which FBO to use. I read good things about Wilson FBO. Also transportation to the George Brown Convention Center. Any thoughts will be appreciated?.

Maybe smaller airports???

There are several smaller airports around the Houston area you might want to fly into instead. I'm not saying you can't fly into KHOU, just it's a Class B airport and a bit more of a hassle to get in and out of than many of the smaller airports in the area. As far as which one to fly into, I'd probably base that off of the closest hotel you are planning on staying at.

BTW, Houston Approach is great to work with. One of the easiest places I've found to fly in with respect to working in and around Bravo airspace.

Jeff

Thank you for the replies. I don't have a problem flying into Class B Airspace. Hubby is the shortest distance to the Embassy Suites by the GBCC. I will try the Wilson Center

Back