What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

33 hours with a 1-year-old

RV10Rob

Well Known Member
A few weeks ago we completed a 2-week trip in our RV-10, covering 5000+ miles in 33 hours with our 1-year-old boy. I thought we were a little crazy to try it, but it worked out really well. I did a write-up on our site:
http://kochman.net/N819K/?p=1437

As always, I have to thank my wife for suggesting the RV-10 instead of the -7. What an amazing family cross-country machine.

track2-L.jpg

WP_20130528_002-L.jpg

2013-05-28%2015.13.32%20HDR-L.jpg

WP_20130529_017-L.jpg

2013-05-29%2012.05.48-L.jpg

WP_20130607_022-L.jpg

Rob, if that story (and Cooper) isn't front page VAF tomorrow I don't know what is. Great story and photos. Congrats on your trip.

wife +1

...I think you have to thank your wife for JUST a bit more than that, but it's a start.
..plus, you should get Bose to rebate you for those great product endorsement shots of junior with the headset oh-so-gently caressing his little virgin ears! ( funny, even at one, you still get headset hair eh??? ) :)

great trip! where the heck did you find all the green grassy areas???

...and of course, you got WAAAY too close to Disneyworld for him not to take notice ( next time eh?)

As always, I have to thank my wife for suggesting the RV-10 instead of the -7. What an amazing family cross-country machine.

So, I'm not the only one. I'd originally proposed a -9A. But we have a LONG way to go until we're flying.

Great pictures, and it looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

That's awesome! I can't wait to go look at the story on your site. I can't image doing it myself, but kudos you and the Mrs. for being adventurous!

These RV's are the ultimate Sport Utility Vehicle!

Great trip report. It is nice to see other families use their RV10 for travel. We love ours. Hopefully out your way in August touring both the north and south side of the border.

Awesome

I am happy to see other crazy parents dragging their kids around the skies.
Thanks for the pictures and write-ups.
You guys coming to OSH?

Back