What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

prop governor oil line

exercise

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

What is the proper part # for a Lycoming 0-320 E2A prop governor oil line? I've purchased two lines and they both don't fit.

I see that an E2A is the same as an E1A and the E1A uses a 75167 tube assembly. Is that correct? (Crank is set up for a C/S and governor is mounted.)

I would prefer to use a steel line but if I strike out with the third one, I may go flexible.

Make your own out of SS tubing. That's what I did and it works great. I too bought lines for my O360 and didn't work. Making your own is too easy!

Like This

I just finished it this morning. Took me about three hours. Custom fit and learned a lot. Credit goes to Toolbuilder though. I've read his posts/suggestion and basically copied him!

n313lv.jpg

Hi Terry,

Maybe that is the way to go. I did all the aluminum tubing and that ended up looking almost above average. I did try to bend the steel tube I got but broke the bender. What kind do you use?

I have used many of the typical benders with SS tube up to .049 wall with success. One trick often over looked is to make there there is lubrication on any parts that slide against the tube. Motor oil (and lots of it) works like a charm.

I converted an O-320 from FP to CS and needed the same oil line.
I found that you can use flexible hose for this instead of the hard SS line. I believe Lycoming even sells the high pressure flexible hose. I just had one made up and it was working fine 900 hrs later when I sold the plane. It is also much Easier to install!

Ridged 606 bender. It uses rollers and bends SS very easy. I do have a aero quip hose but decided to use stainless.

I finally got the correct oil line for my E2A(E1A) but was also preparing to bid on a Ridgid 606 bender off of ebay until it went over $100. The used oil line went for $90. The oil line for that Lycoming, and many others, but not all, is 75167

wasn't there a bulletin about these lines cracking and advising to go with a hose?

In the early days, Lycoming used aluminum fittings and nuts which had a few failures. Since the switch to steel/steel, I think we are good to go. This asumes that the pipe is properly fabricated and supported. The pressures involved are WAY below the rated failure point of a steel line (and aluminum, for that matter).

Yup. Service instruction No. 1435 covers the steel fittings and also has the part numbers for the various Lycoming models. I would have provided a link to it but don't know how on this forum.

Back