What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kit Transport

TXFlyGuy

Well Known Member
Can anyone recommend a company that specializes in the transportation of kit aircraft?

Looking for transport from Dallas to Cleveland.

I also recommend Partain. They moved my half finished kit from San Diego to Boise, on time and not a single issue.

Partain moved my project twice, from Oregon to Virginia, then Virginia to Texas. Top notch!

Partain moved my project twice, from Oregon to Virginia, then Virginia to Texas. Top notch!

That is a good recommendation! I have made a phone call, plus emailed them. No response as of now. Maybe they don't contact customers on weekends?

That is a good recommendation! I have made a phone call, plus emailed them. No response as of now. Maybe they don't contact customers on weekends?

Partain seems to be a one man show on the front end. One guy with a cell phone, managing customers and a couple of trucks/trailers moving kits.

Keep trying. Leave a message explaining what you need if you haven't already.

Check with Van,s customer service for companies that they use to ship to your area.

OK...two phone calls made with messages, and three emails complete with photos sent to Tony. No response. Maybe he is just busy?

I will check with Vans and see what they say.

OK...two phone calls made with messages, and three emails complete with photos sent to Tony. No response. Maybe he is just busy?

I will check with Vans and see what they say.

Having had some really bad shipping experiences (non-aviation) I can tell you that finding reputable shippers is VERY difficult. Partain seems to have an excellent reputation and I would think long and hard about alternatives. I have learned that courtesy and responsiveness on the front end of the process has NOTHING to do with the quality of the service. Give the poor guy a chance to respond on a weekday. You contacted him on Saturday. You can't right him off on Sunday.

Just my $.02

Larry

Having had some really bad shipping experiences (non-aviation) I can tell you that finding reputable shippers is VERY difficult. Partain seems to have an excellent reputation and I would think long and hard about alternatives. I have learned that courtesy and responsiveness on the front end of the process has NOTHING to do with the quality of the service. Give the poor guy a chance to respond on a weekday. You contacted him on Saturday. You can't right him off on Sunday.

Just my $.02

Larry

Absolutely! He is my first choice, for sure. We do not need his services for another 3 to 4 weeks anyway.

Partain

Tony will return your e-mails and calls. I contacted him about moving a kit from Oregon to Georgia. I thought I could do it incurring less expense. Four issues with vehicles, horrible weather and burning a week away from family and off work, I would have saved $1000 paying Tony to move it. FORGET ABOUT IT. Let Partain move it. I've learned my lesson.

FWIW!!!!

Back