What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody received an RV7 finish kit recently?

rsr3

Well Known Member
If so, any chance of a rough comparison of lead times vs Van’s current stated 12 months please?

Just as a data point, I ordered my RV-8 finish kit in August 2021, so I guess I'm on 14 months with no crating date.

I ordered an RV7 Emp, Wing, Fuse and finish kits in May of 21, and they are all scheduled to finally arrive next week (Oct 22). The finish kit was the last to be finished, which was complete on 9/12.

I ordered my fuse and finish kits in May 2021 and just received my fuselage. Still no word on my finish kit. The worrying thing is that a few important components in my fuse kit are backordered with no delivery date on the horizon.

No news yet

I ordered my 7A tip up finish kit in February of this year. I think i was told at that time it could be up to 14 months to get it. Kit status is "parts being produced"

RV-8 Finish Kit Delivery

Just as a data point, I ordered my RV-8 finish kit in August 2021, so I guess I'm on 14 months with no crating date.

Sorry for the thread drift, but Zach started it :)

I ordered my RV-8 finish kit July 8, 2021. It's on the delivery truck and headed this way as I type :)

So you should hopefully see a crating date before long.

Good luck to the OP as well.

Laird

I ordered a 9 finish kit on March 15th. I got it about two weeks ago ~Oct 3.

Tim

Thanks chaps, all very useful. I ordered mine in February this year, so I’m not overdue yet but just curious to see when it’s really likely to show up.

Tim, whatever you bribed must have gone down well!!

Cheers

Back