What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Float sensor

nohoflyer

Well Known Member
Patron
Ok dumb question.

I getting ready to seal up the tanks and I don’t have that many parts left of my shelf. Does the kit come with the float sensor? Cause I don’t see it. Maybe it’s hidden in my pile of small parts though. My thought is it might be an add on I have to order. Anyone?

The float fuel sending units are an option you can select when you order the wing kit. If you ordered them, they would be in your inventory.

Howdy. My fuel floats as ordered from Vans both came in their own rather sizable box; guessing about 3" X 3" X 8". As already stated they are ordered as an option.

Test them too

When you do get the float sensors, I suggest you check their resistance with a multi-meter through the full range of the float. It should range from about 30 ohms (full) to 240ohms (empty), that's if my memory has the empty and full readings the right way around.

I had a bad one out of the box that gave dodgy readings mid-range, and Van's sent me a replacement.

Back