What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for a painter NorCal

kaweeka

Well Known Member
I'm looking for someone to come to the hangar to re-paint the -9A in the Sacramento/Roseville area. Any leads, don't hesitate to shout them out.
Thanks,
Dave

Have Gun Will Travel

Dan Mauer "Have Gun Will Travel"
Red Bluff, CA
H: (530) 527-1970
C: (530) 526-8021

I know of at least one Oshkosh Lindy winner painted by them. When it comes time for paint on my plane I'd certainly consider them.

There is T&P in Salinas, and I know they've painted several Oshkosh award winning planes. But you'd have to get the plane to them.

I do not know if Dan is still doing any painting these days.

He was scheduled to do our plane a couple years back, and had to cancel due to health reasons----------and at that time he was being told by his doctor to just stop.

If he is back in business, I would most definitely look to him for your paint.

Also, John Stahr might be a consideration. http://www.stahrdesign.com/contact_us

Pretty sure Dan and Lynda have retired. Maybe taking a job here and there last time I heard. Great people and good friends of our airpark.

Kracon does a great job.

Contact Erin for info. Terry did a great job on my Cozy. Won a bronze Lindy at Osh in 2013.

Jon D.

I picked up a flyer somewhere (I think at Columbia) for a mobile painter. Says he specializes in the Cirrus but the photos show helicopters and cabin twins too. His name is Rick Bacon and the phone number is (209) 532-5588.

I met with Dave from Kracon yesterday. Very nice fellow. We discussed what I can do on a budget to improve the visual appeal of my plane. I gave him a budget and he felt that was fair and could come up with several options and still stay within it. Their shop is definitely professional. Looking forward to the result. I'll post before and after, just in case anyone is interested.

Back