What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flexible Fuel Line routing

TTU_RV7

OK I give. :mad: I have searched and searched the forums for some photos I saw several weeks ago and I can't find them now. I am looking for photos on routing braided SS fuel hose for the fuel line between the selector and the wing. I know I saw someone's photos.

Please help....:eek:

I don't have pictures but have them installed in my RV-6. Just measure the distance between fittings to include all of the bends and had them made at a local Aeroquip supplier. See "Hydraulic equip and services" in the yellow pages and ask if they make aeroquip hoses for race cars. If you mention airplane they may not make them.

9 years and no problems. I've removed the fuel tanks a couple of times and reinstalled with no issues either.

I am specifically interested in how people routed the hose through the uprights next to the fuel selector. To get the hose+fitting through, I have to drill the hole to 3/4.

Last edited:
I used a short piece of tubing when going through the fuselage to the tanks. The hose stays inside. That way I did not have to make a bigger hole. Nice and flexible and easy to fasten to the tanks, too.

Roberta

Back