What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

California Medical Transport Needed

I was just sitting watching the evening news when they have a story about this gal who needs a double lung transplant. She lives in Lodi, CA (Northern CA) and she is on the donor list in Los Angeles. If donor lungs become available then she needs to be in L.A. in less than three hours. She is doing everything she can to raise money to have a medical transport company standing by. I thought this might be a good way for someone in the Northern CA area to help out with a fast ride when needed. Here's the story on the local TV stations website:

http://cbs13.com/local/Woman.Holds.Garage.2.1051112.html

Thanks

Several organizations can help

There are several organizations to help with this type issue. Contact Angelflight. There are chapters all over the country. They can tell you the procedure. I used to fly patients when I had a Mooney years ago.

Do you know if they are asking if someone could transport her using their plane?
I could not open the link.

You are assuming that the patient is ambulatory and can get in and out of our planes.

Also, there is the issue of getting oxygen through their damaged lungs in our unpressurized aircraft.

What if it is BAD IFR conditions and the scheduled plane can't go?

Too many issues for me to consider the transport.

Effective this weekend, Angel Flight West has suspended all flights till the pandemic subsides.

Back