What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for RV-10 CFI in NorCal

BWFilarsky

I'm New Here
Hi. Is there an RV-10 owner/CFI in NorCal that I can get an hour of instruction from? I need it for insurance purposes.

Click the link in my prior post, it will open his profile, in there you will find an option to send him a "Private Message" or PM.

He may also respond to this thread if you wait a bit.

There may be other NorCal CFI's out there with a 10, but I am not aware of them.

Also, you might consider joining up with the Sacramento RVators http://sacrvators.com/ there may be someone with them that can lead you in the right direction.

Lastly, I have a buddy in Placerville who is a CFI, and has done a lot of instruction in owners RV's, let me know if you want his contact info. He does my BFRs and is familiar with the 10. Each plane is somewhat different as would be expected from a homebuilt, but the basic flight regime is pretty much the same.

Last edited:
Hi Bruce,
While I do still have a LODA (waiver) allowing the use of my -10 for for-hire instruction, I no longer carry insurance for for-hire operations. The extra insurance pretty much doubled my premium, and there just isn't enough business to ever recover the extra cost.

I presume you have been in a -10? If not, I'd be happy to give you a short ride.
If/when you find a plane to buy, I'd be happy to accompany you to pick it up, and give you dual on the way home. Usually insurance companies are okay with that. I presume you have talked to an agent already? I'm a bit surprised they just want one hour if all your time is in an Archer (maybe I mis-read).

You may call me if you like, five one zero, 886, four six one zero.

Bob

Back