What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bogert tow bar

kaweeka

Well Known Member
I purchased an RV-9A a few months back. I wish I could say I spent the time building and thus claim credit for what my 5000 hours of flight experience tells me is likely one of the best aircraft I've had the pleasure of flying but, I digress. The tow bar that came with the plane bent after simply trying to straighten the nose wheel while parked rendering it essentially useless. I wend searching and found the Bogart Aviation tow bar. When it arrived, the difference in construction materials was evident. I like the fact it is longer thus saving my 3 surgery back from bending so much. I did find, however that the nose gear pins didn't fit into the ends of the tow bar and I called to discuss it. I found myself on the phone with the president, Richard, who was not only gracious enough with his time but actively listened and, after giving me his cell number to text a few pictures, had the solution. Problem solved! That's customer care at it's finest. Great product, fair price and great support. Any other companies out there reading this??? ( OK, True trak is in this club as well)

I agree

I was worried you were gonna go negative on them, but I have a Bogert Bar for my 6A and the build and fit are well worth the cost.

Bogart Tow Bar RV7A

Just to dog pile on,
I recently had an issue with a 10 year old Bogart tow bar,
Called up and spoke to them and they sent me a replacement free of charge!
Really happy to work with companies like that! Will be doing more business soon.

Me Too

I had / have the Bogert Tow Bar for the RV-9A. After two or three years it cracked where the two bars come together at the towing handle. They replaced it with a simple sending of a picture of the failure.

The customer support is excellent. But I would suggest they "imbed" some soft steel or something in the two bars to provide greater durability from the bending of the bars when you open them. Repetitive bending will lead to breakage, unless something is done to alleviate that stress.

Not an engineer, so don't know what / if something can be done...

Me Three

I had / have the Bogert Tow Bar for the RV-9A. After two or three years it cracked where the two bars come together at the towing handle. They replaced it with a simple sending of a picture of the failure.

The customer support is excellent. But I would suggest they "imbed" some soft steel or something in the two bars to provide greater durability from the bending of the bars when you open them. Repetitive bending will lead to breakage, unless something is done to alleviate that stress.

Not an engineer, so don't know what / if something can be done...

Same excellent service here!!

And...

don?t know about the -9, but in the -10 that Bogart bar, with a very small mod, can be used as a 3 axis gust lock.

Back