What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us your inflight self-portrait!

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
...a place to insert a picture of you in your plane....

Last edited:
Forum name: "OneTwoSierra"
flyingsmall6el.jpg

Ross 'Scorch' Burgess

...taking his RV-6 N999WN down right base for Stephenville (KSEP).

email: ross at vansairforce.net
forum ID: 'Scorch'
VAF #4

scorchselfportrait3vd.jpg

Last edited:
Somewhere over FL on the way to Key West.

THis was the first long flight for N162RV headed to Key West FL with my wife.
flyingportrait1sk.png

CJ, I figured it out. Probably the exact same way you do it!

Here's me. Not the most picturesque photo, but there's not much to see up that high!

MalibuFL210.jpg

Who needs an RV-10?

Who says that the RV-6 is not a family machine?
This was taken between NZDN and NZQN. (Dunedin and Queenstown, New Zealand) RV-6 ZK-SRV owned by Sam Chartres. Pilot - Mike Evans, Co-pilot Katherine Evans, Flight Engineer - Nicholas (age 3.5)

dsc013018yv.jpg

A River Runs Beneath It.

Since I'm from the St. Louis Mo. area, I thought the Mississippi River as a background was appropriate.
img00033ey.jpg

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"
RV-8A empennage

Dan's video self(?) portrait

Dan, I stopped taking photos of my wife while she's sleeping almost 25 years ago! ;) I'm guessing Jen doesn't know you posted this to the world! But as usual, my hat's off to you for setting the standard of excellence! Neato video!
Don

Martin Hone In-flight portrait (Australia)

I took it while overflying Ninety Mile Beach, Victoria. Australia

Martin Hone RV6 [mctrader at bigpond.net.au]

martinhone1qp.jpg

2004-11-26.346.jpeg

Here's my wife Jaime and I in a rented Spam Can Cessna. I'm looking forward to the day that I can replace this picture with one of us in the -7A. Fuse is coming along and will likely get flipped upright this weekend if I can get my riveting partners out to help.

Hey...looks like John and I must rent from the same FBO.

Last edited:
I'm a newbe with RV's on the brain. Well, here is the only self portrait I have airborne...

poptarts29nm.jpg

Hopefully this can be replaced with some fun flying in a few years.

Last edited:
Czi

I promise you....there is no one having more fun than this Crazy Woman.....

img00398wn.jpg

True story....30 minutes earlier this woman was absolutely terrified of flying. I owe it all to Fossil.....Thanks!

Hwood

First Flight Together

My wife Tami and I on our first flight together after I got my PPL.

FirstFlight2.jpg

Now she is hooked on flying too. She would rather fly than drive any day of the week.

Todd Moeller
N710TM Reserved
RV-7, Working on Wings with Fuselage in the crate just waiting to be put together.

Last edited:
kevinh self portrait

Kinda generic self portrait. Actually not really a self portrait - the naked woman in the passenger seat was kind enough to take this picture for me.

RV-7A about 50 hrs TT

dscn5476.jpg

Last edited:
Ken Richards In His RV7 Over Mount Katahdin, Maine

Hi folks. I am new to the forum and to RV building, but the attached pics are of someone who is a "pro" at both building and flying his 7. This is an in flight shot of Ken Richards over Mount Katahdin in Maine. Mt. Katahdin is the highest peak in Maine (and I believe on the east coast) at 5,260 feet. You west coast people can laugh now.

This is the RV grin in its purest form.

Ken and I flew up to Rockland, Maine where a very nice RV6 was sitting on the ramp beside the jets, then on to Baxter State Park where we loitered around Katahdin snapping pics. On our way home we heard RV8er Nick Knobil checking in as he entered the pattern at his home base in Wiscasset.

A good day was had by all.
Ken_Katahdin_sm_0515.jpg

Ken_Katahdin_sm_0516.jpg

The "Last 3-G Test Point for Today!" Grin...

Hey, I like fancy flying as well as the next guy, but this was at the end of a test card that took two flights in one day to complete!

The grin says "Now I get to chase the sunset back to the field.... :D

inflightportrait9kz.jpg

Paul

t6aa5dd.jpg

where can I get one of those imitation AF helmets? couldn't find it in the ACS catalog. I might want to fly at 15,500 sometime? :eek: (awesome pict)

Not nearly as cool as flying an F-18, but this is me and my wife in a rented Citabria.

Got my RV-8 emp boxes today! Woohoo!

aak.sized.jpg

--Ken

Last edited:
Flying High

On my way up (O2 came on at 11,000)

otherstuff%20060.jpg

Seattle center wouldnt let me continue, we were still climbing well with the 2 of us and full tanks.
high%20up.jpg
altitude%20006.jpg

N914C RV-6/A

B-17 Blast

WaaHoo Folks!
Wow, these things have a sunroof in the back!
Blast.jpg

Look at all the rivets :) builders research...

Hey, I have never been for a RV ride, but I have lot of RV parts in the garage!
Looking for a hanger for assembly...

Cheers
Warren Hurd
924WH (res)
AHYUP.COM

Back