What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

912 ULS Arrived

dsm8

Well Known Member
Patron
I received my 912 ULS engine last week. It may be several months before I can install it and running it. Is there any preservation "Pickling" information available. It is still n the original shipping crate from Rotax and it is ensconced in plastic. I live in Connecticut about 10 miles from Long Island Sound.

I would prefer to do nothing, unless contraindicated by Rotax or any RV-12 owner in similar circumstances. I have read the manual and see no mention of doing anything.

From the Installation Manual:

ENGINE STORAGE

The engine is preserved at BRP-Rotax thus guaranteeing proper protection against corrosion damage for at least 12 months after the date of delivery from BRP-Rotax.

This warranty is subject to the following conditions:
• The engine must be stored in the GENUINE ROTAX®packing as supplied by BRP- Rotax.
• The covers on various openings must not be removed
• The engine must be stored in a suitable place (at min.-40°C/-40°F and max.+80°C/ 176 °F)
• The bag (blue) surrounding the engine must not be damaged or removed, as it protects the engine from corrosion and oxidation

If the engine is stored for a period longer than 12 months (or it is not stored in the GENUINE ROTAX® packing) then maintenance tasks must be carried out every 3 months as per the currently valid Maintenance Manual Line.

If you don't have it yet, you can download the Installation Manual (and other technical documentation) from the Rotax website.

Back