What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Daily RV Pic

Wavey fiberglass work in the HS/VS fairing (and I don't care)

Portrait mode on the phone after a flight.

There's a simple solution to wavey fairings.

20211020_200830.jpg

Just over a year ago with minimal hours on our new to us RV-6, which I christened the ’Millenium Falcon’, and a dripping wet formation endorsement I got invited to fly with 12 good mates. That lead to becoming part of a 13 ship formation team, that ended up flying a display in the Pacific Airshow Gold Coast.

Don H (Freedom Formation #7 - Callsign ‘Legs’)

Attachments

• IMG_6941_Original.jpeg
    IMG_6941_Original.jpeg
    764.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
    IMG_1242.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1464.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 86
Been out of it for a couple years - time to finally get back to work!

Attachments

• Aileron roll.JPG
    Aileron roll.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 74
My brother and I did a fly-by of two volcanos--- Rainier (looking ~west) and St Helens (looking ~ south--- a couple of years ago.

Warren
RV7

Attachments

• 087A7843.jpg
    087A7843.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 087A7931.jpg
    087A7931.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 59
Spotted this highly modified RV-8. Modified to fit in very small hangar. The pilot said it's pretty blind while taxiing, and until he gets the tail up on takeoff. Also, he said it has all the attributes of a very, very short-coupled taildragger.

i-k23tZTT-L.jpg

:ROFLMAO: 🃏

Last edited:
Spotted this highly modified RV-8. Modified to fit in very small hangar. The pilot said it's pretty blind while taxiing, and until he gets the tail up on takeoff. Also, he said it has all the attributes of a very, very short-coupled taildragger.

i-k23tZTT-L.jpg

:ROFLMAO: 🃏
The adult-size pedal plane... :)

Today’s entry…..😎 I thought this was a picture of Jay Pratt ……and when I zoomed in it after uploading I discovered it was me in the front and Rob Reece in the back :). I flew Jay’s airplane a few times a few years back . Great plane.
fullsizeoutput_61e.jpeg

Last edited:
Back