What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

O-Ring for fuel drain valve?

Rupester

Well Known Member
Where might I find those tiny O-rings that seal the fuel drains? Mine are blue Viton, but I suspect any fuel-proof material will do (such as Buna-N)

ACS

Aircraft Spruce has them also, at least the black ones.

Last edited:
I just placed new O-rings on my drains, but still have a small seep on the left wing. They've never really sealed very well. I think it's an issue with the compression spring, or perhaps a nick in the valve. I think I'll just have to replace the drains. I ordered the O-rings from Van's.

I just placed new O-rings on my drains, but still have a small seep on the left wing. They've never really sealed very well. I think it's an issue with the compression spring, or perhaps a nick in the valve. I think I'll just have to replace the drains. I ordered the O-rings from Van's.

While it is just as easy to replace with new, the drains are super simple to clean. Since they are the low point in the tank, you may find a bit of contamination that isn't allowing a full seal. It only takes a very small bit of material between the o ring and the seat of the valve to allow a drip. Pull them and clean them and I bet your drip is gone. Allow a bit of fuel to run out of the drain to insure any contamination is flushed out.

Back