What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help in looking for an O ring for the fuel inlet on the carb.

riobison

Well Known Member
For my O-360 on the Marvel S. carburetor fuel inlet there is a rubber O ring that goes onto the nipple to seal the fitting into the carb.

I have found an automotive one designed to fit onto fuel injectors that appears to fit good and doesn't leak.

Would anybody know where I could find a proper O ring for this?

Thanks

Tim

It certainly could be an O-ring boss fitting. It had sealed fine for the last 20 years. While changing the fuel lines out and during disassembly I found the o-ring in there needed changing. I found an auto fuel injector o-ring for it that fits. It makes up fine and feels good.

The thing that bothers me is that I can't seem to find the correct part for it. Almost everything shows a copper or crush style gasket for it.

So do I have the correct fitting in there or is it something that is almost correct?

Thanks

Tim

Gasket

Aircraft Spruce has the gaskets for the MA4SPA, they should have the MA4-5 as well. Metal crush type gasket, not an o ring.

My Silverhawk servo has the same fuel inlet fitting with an O-ring on it. I too have not been able to find a "proper" source for them. :confused:

Straight thread oring fittings

This thread might help: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=71507

Posts 10, 11, 12, 23, 44 in particular.

Thread seems to apply to Silver Hawk and Airflow Performance, maybe not Marvel Schleber. Did M/S use different fittings over the years?... flat metal gaskets and orings?... thats outside my experience.

Parker Oring Handbook page 4-23 lists oring sizes... elastomer compound is another issue.

Last edited:
Back