What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVer's around Newport RI

aussieflyer1

Well Known Member
Just inquiring to see if there is any RVer's in the Newport RI area as I'm here for the summer and would like to meet people even fly and i will pay back if you ever get to Fl. (PMP)
Have a great day.
Regards
[email protected]
954 401 3209

A few of us around

There are two RV-9As under construction within 2 miles of the airport. There is a 7A located at Quonset, RI. I have my 6A at TF Green (KPVD) in Warwick for two more weeks before heading back to the west coast.

Plus we have plenty of flyers in the area, just mention 'Food' and you would be surprised who comes out of the wood works. Names like: Captain John, Vlad and Turbo.

Last edited:
Heck yes we are around Alan. NJ just around the corner I would gladly go with you around local islands or where ever. To trade for a ride in that yacht of yours :D

Alan,

Glad to hear that you are back in town again!

Shoot me a text and we can do something!

See you soon!

:) CJ

RV in New Bedford

Hi there I am building an RV7 and also fly a friends RV8 out of New Bedford, MA
Always looking for people to go flying with.

Hi Alan, I work in Newport and my 7A is based at Quonset just across the bay. Would love to get together and do some flying or a weekday lunch or whatever.

AlMarsh, you are right about hangar space around here, everybody I know who is building is frantically looking for a hangar and there are none to be found. The ten T-Hangars that were recently built at Newport (first private hangars ever built there) were snapped up faster than you can say "How Much"? Quonset also only has about 10 private hangars, and I have only seen 1 become available in 10+ years being based there. There is a public hangar at Quonset but the rates are pretty high from what I have heard. Contact Dave Lucas at [email protected], 401-295-5020 for more info. There is a company that has been planning to build hangars at Quonset for some years but they have yet to break ground:
http://www.pbn.com/Business-park-planned-for-Quonset-airport,66504?sub_type=stories,packages

Good Luck!

Back