What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New IO-360

randyintejas

Well Known Member
Everyone else seems to post their new Engine pic’s so I figured, why not? I had this little SLACKER built up a couple of months ago…
A1A Case 1st run by CrankCase Services, Inc. - All new Lycoming parts – Cam has Centri-Lube Tech LLC. STC.- Lycon 9:5:1 Pistons, Superior Cold Air Induction – AFP Fuel Injection – Pure Power Lifetime Oil Filter – New Oil Nozzles - Case Modified with Lycon O Ring STC, Gap-less Rings – Lycoming Cylinders Flow Balanced – Crank Balanced – Slick Mags (for Now) Alum Oil Filer Tube - Sky Tec Starter – Plane Power Alt and Bolting up a Vetterman 4 Pipe Exhaust.
blueka.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The crapy phone camera does not do the paint justice, It is a beautiful paint job!

Last edited:
put it in your living room. place 1/4" glass on top. call it art !

When we were in Seattle, we went for a float plane ride with Kenmore Air. In their lobby, they had a very cool radial with a glass top. I would love to have one like that. I asked the price and it was quickly out of my price range! Boy was it nice looking though.

This is a very nice looking engine too. Nice choice of paint and polished pieces.

yes you can saftey wire it.. mine is. you will need to contact Gene at Magnum performance 903-987-7346 if you want one. He is the only one I found that had it at the time. Extremely cool! Others might, don't really know? I will post a pic

pur1k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Raidal "art" for sale

When we were in Seattle, we went for a float plane ride with Kenmore Air. In their lobby, they had a very cool radial with a glass top. I would love to have one like that. I asked the price and it was quickly out of my price range! Boy was it nice looking though.

This is a very nice looking engine too. Nice choice of paint and polished pieces.

There is a nice radial engine for sale at WDR. It is mounted on a wooden platform and is a cutaway display unit. I don't recall the price but I'm sure someone local here could check it out for you.

It's a scientifically proven fact that metallic paint on the engine increases power output by at least 5 HP. :D

Anyway here's mine finished in metallic green with black offset on the barrels. The photo was taken a few years ago now. It's a genuine Lycoming IO360 with roller tappets assembled by Bart at AeroSport.

free photo hosting

Last edited:
There are some real sharp engines out there. Randy's and the Capt.'s are really something. I have seen some of the UL engines - amazing. Even the Rotex is nice looking. I guess the closer you are to getting in the air, the better the engines start to look. Even the standard paint - gray O-320 I have in my garage looks like art. I tried to pass it off as art to my wife when it was in the dining room - she said it was nice, but didn't deserve a place at the table.

This is the Kenmore Air table.
R-985-Coffee-Table.jpg
[/IMG]

Pure Power Lifetime Oil Filter

Never heard of Pure Power Lifetime Oil Filters. Are these approved for aviation. Their website makes it sound like it is yet it lists no filters for use with Lycomings. Sounds too good to be true. Anyone else using these?

Pure Power Lifetime Oil Filter

Pure Power Lifetime Oil Filter - Looking at their site I'm a little concerned about the how a bypass valve will age and if there will be any indication of faliure. Also, with the grill on the filter cartridge how do you extract particulates?

img2.asp

Last edited:
Back