What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

aerobatics

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Could someone please direct me to some literature Van's has published pertaining to aerobatics in the 14 .
Thanks

V-speeds and aerobatic gross are listed on the main Vans site for the 14. It's a +6G/-3G design like the other aerobatic models. What other info are you looking for?

Applying to have the "AEROBATICS PROHIBITED" restriction removed from my RV-14A. Transport Canada said they would like what ever information that Van's has available regarding aerobatics in the RV-14.

From the "Aerobatics" section on Van's website:

"The RV-3B, RV-4, RV-7/7A, RV-8/8A and RV-14/14A have been designed for the operational stress limits of the aerobatic category (+6.0/-3.0 G) at and below their aerobatic gross weights. The operational stress limits for these aircraft between their aerobatic gross weights and their maximum design gross weights are utility category (+4.4/-1.75 G). The RV-9/9A, RV-10 and RV-12 are not designed for aerobatic flight."

This article by Van himself on competition aerobatics mentions the RV-14, "IAC Aerobatics in RVs". It includes a good addendum on preparing your RV for aerobatics by Ron Schreck.

Also see the article "An Aerobatic Epistle", also by Van himself:

The RV-14 W&B lists the Aerobatic Gross Weight and associated CG limits:

Last edited:
Thank you very much Carl, just what I was looking for. After seeing your links I was able to actually find them on Van's site. Well hid.
Thanks again Ron

Back