What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Victoria BC - Kamloops BC

Outstanding!

Return leg from my trip to Victoria in my 6A. Stunning day and scenery to match!

https://youtu.be/PijKMWPKDRQ

Super nice editing of a beautiful piece of earth.

I do have a question - I have a hero 8 and when mounted where yours is under the roll bar, I can not read my instruments. Yours came out very well, nice and clear. It looks like you have a (2X?) telephoto lens on the camera, if so can you direct me to a source? I am so really disappointed in not being able to document IFR practices for things I missed in flight even at 4k res. I'm even considering purchase of a sony with 20X optical zoom to get it.

Send a note of you don't mind . . lanewsjr at gmail . . . . .
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Very nice footage !!
I was surprised that 9500' is sufficiant to cross the Rockies from the coast to Kamloops.
That's one trip with the 8 on my wish list. First to visit Aero Sport Power, then the west coast.

Very nice, cannot wait to get there myself. I will need lotsa advice coming from flat land Nova Scotia. I have a niece in Victoria and she is on my list of places to visit with my 14.

Thanks...it's actually an Nflightcam prop filter (basically an ND8).

Super nice editing of a beautiful piece of earth.

I do have a question - I have a hero 8 and when mounted where yours is under the roll bar, I can not read my instruments. Yours came out very well, nice and clear. It looks like you have a (2X?) telephoto lens on the camera, if so can you direct me to a source? I am so really disappointed in not being able to document IFR practices for things I missed in flight even at 4k res. I'm even considering purchase of a sony with 20X optical zoom to get it.

Send a note of you don't mind . . lanewsjr at gmail . . . . .
Thanks!!

I'll try...and I'll be looking for similar advice. I retire next year and plan to fly out to Newfoundland...I've started to look at the planning and it's a huge task. Just like eating an elephant...one bite at a time!

Very nice, cannot wait to get there myself. I will need lotsa advice coming from flat land Nova Scotia. I have a niece in Victoria and she is on my list of places to visit with my 14.

Depending on the route, you can do it at 5500 without much issue...but why fly lower through mountains if you don't have to!

Very nice footage !!
I was surprised that 9500' is sufficiant to cross the Rockies from the coast to Kamloops.
That's one trip with the 8 on my wish list. First to visit Aero Sport Power, then the west coast.

Back