What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

THE PRICE OF AVGAS

chrispratt

Well Known Member
Didn?t think I?d ever see AvGas below $3.00 again. $2.60/gal at Bridgeport (KXBP) was a pleasant surprise this morning. It?s been, let?s say, a few years at least. Too bad it?s taken a virus to help bring this about.

What are you seeing for AvGas pricing in your region?

Chris

We’re at $3.95 at Carson City (NV) - I paid $5.30 the other day in Aurora (OR)!

But Jet A....they’re practically giving it away in Carson at $2.65....so guess what airplane is getting more flying!

We?re at $3.95 at Carson City (NV) - I paid $5.30 the other day in Aurora (OR)!

But Jet A....they?re practically giving it away in Carson at $2.65....so guess what airplane is getting more flying!

It wouldn't have been as convenient Paul but for a less than 5 minute flight east you could have gotten it for $3.69. About 8 minutes away (and home of EAA Chapter 105) it is $3.65.

You guys ought to be grateful you have cheap fuel! Down under its anywhere between $8-12 a USG! It's Liters here and outback it can be like liquid gold!

I finished burning all the $1.19 Avgas I bought at Inyokern a couple of weeks ago and refilled at Santa Paula for $3.49 yesterday.

Ed Holyoke

Didn’t think I’d ever see AvGas below $3.00 again. $2.60/gal at Bridgeport (KXBP) was a pleasant surprise this morning. It’s been, let’s say, a few years at least. Too bad it’s taken a virus to help bring this about.
Chris

Good news it was not the virus that brought lower prices. Bad news it was the political and economic posturing of two countries on who were bent on being top dog and neither are considered best friends with those of us in the US.

To make this RV related, I have taken the virus and lower gas prices to heart and have doubled my weekly flying of my RV the last 2-3 months. Yahoo, with the virus nothing else to do but burn cheap gas. They go well together.

EDNL in Germany: 9.80 USD/Gallon

Yep, you heared that right. No wonder that the US is the dream country for many when it comes to flying. And gas prices are just one aspect.

Consider yourself being blessed and go fly. :)

$2.76/ gal at Keystone (42J) while here at St Augustine (KSGJ) it just went up to $3.19 from $2.99/ gal last week.

:cool:

It?s $3.00 gallon at my home airport of El Reno (KRQO) down from $4.52. It wasn?t the virus or the steep oil price decline that brought our fuel prices down but a new airport manager that wants to attract more aircraft to this airport. Management makes all the difference!

Romeo Michigan D98

Paid 4.49 the other day at my airport. Michigan gas prices are still high. I think Alabama prices are about the lowest.

$5.75 USD wholesale in the UK right now - lowest I've seen it for a long time. Our distributor is emailing every few days, desperate to shift it!

Philip, That is exactly right!

You follow your economics!

It is a good old fashioned oil war!

:) CJ

Good news it was not the virus that brought lower prices. Bad news it was the political and economic posturing of two countries on who were bent on being top dog and neither are considered best friends with those of us in the US.

To make this RV related, I have taken the virus and lower gas prices to heart and have doubled my weekly flying of my RV the last 2-3 months. Yahoo, with the virus nothing else to do but burn cheap gas. They go well together.

Back