What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gemini orders open!

If anyone here is an early customer, can you post a review? How do you like it? How is the sunlight visibility?

I currently have a altrack+pictorial pilot + a dynon D10A and I'm considering replacing my steam gauges with the Gemini PFD (depending on price and reviews).

Will this thing make a good back up ADI for a G3X setup with the TT GX? Battery back up? Does it need anything more than just a power supply? Airspeed info on any model?

It would make an excellent backup to any other larger PFD. We do have a back up battery option available for $200, a very nice battery manufactured for us by TCW Technologies.

For wiring you'd need power/ground, RS232 from a GPS, dimmer (if you desire to dim the backlight), pitot and static plumbing. That's it!

The PFD will have airspeed and altitude, the ADI functions just like our current ADI but without the mechnical limitations.

Lucas:

I'm currently using the feed from my 396 to drive my Digitrak. Can I somehow split the signal and drive both devices? BTW, I'm probably going to "borrow" the Gemini from Harry Manvel this weekend. Weather permitting, I'll try to get you a"under the hood" review. Currently using your ADI as a primary flight instrument. With a backup battery in the Gemini, you should have a slam dunk.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

Honest question

Any avionics experts care to explain the wide $ disparity between seemingly similar units? Say an L3 trilogy with almost an extra zero on the end? I am asking specifics? Certification of the sources of individual silicon components? Are they truly not similar? etc

Not trying to poke a hornets nest, just curious.

Any avionics experts care to explain the wide $ disparity between seemingly similar units? Say an L3 trilogy with almost an extra zero on the end? I am asking specifics? Certification of the sources of individual silicon components? Are they truly not similar? etc

Not trying to poke a hornets nest, just curious.

I believe the simple answer is certified versus experimental. The overhead to get something certified equates to higher sales prices.

Sorry for the late replies, I've been at the Sport Aviation Expo and just got back in the office today. Thanks for your patience!

How cold an environment will it operate?

It's calibrated down to -30? C. Below -15? C we do see some display artifacts.

I'm currently using the feed from my 396 to drive my Digitrak. Can I somehow split the signal and drive both devices? BTW, I'm probably going to "borrow" the Gemini from Harry Manvel this weekend. Weather permitting, I'll try to get you a"under the hood" review. Currently using your ADI as a primary flight instrument. With a backup battery in the Gemini, you should have a slam dunk.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

You can split the RS232 feed as long as you don't have several other devices on that line already. 2-3 with a short wire run is about the limit.

We didn't put a battery in it because we wanted to keep the size of the unit extremely small and extremely light. The weight of the entire Gemini ADI is 5 oz. :)

TruTrak Gemini ADI Panel Cutout Dimensions

What are the dimensions of the Gemini ADI, including hole cutout size, bolt circle, etc.? What's the required spacing with other instruments in the panel?

I can't find this information on the Tru Trak website.

Thanks for the link Bob.

And just to repost them. The Gemini ADI size specs are:

3.4" x 3.4" x 0.75"

Weight is 5 oz.

Fits standard 3 1/8" hole.

Gemini PFD

Any update on the availability and price of the Gemini PFD? How about a manual?

This is a slick little unit as long as it's priced competitively.

How come I can't find this on the TT site yet?

Becuase it's not a shipping product. It is listed on their new products page which has a link at the bottom of their home page. There are also several threads on the support forum as well.

The last conversation that I had with Lucas was that the PDF should ship around SnF or shortly there after. However, that is subject to change.

bob

Becuase it's not a shipping product. It is listed on their new products page which has a link at the bottom of their home page. There are also several threads on the support forum as well.

The last conversation that I had with Lucas was that the PDF should ship around SnF or shortly there after. However, that is subject to change.

bob

Still on target!

We're working on some site updates. A manual for the PFD will be available by the time it is shipping. Thanks!

Back