What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Six Cylinder pMag in hand

Carl Froehlich

Well Known Member
Brad handed over a six cylinder pMag and install kit at Oshkosh today. This is a trial unit for what will be the main production run.

It looks like the long road to a six cylinder pMag is finally behind us.

Carl
E5-CCA88-B-9-EB1-4043-86-A8-45-D1-DE59491-A.jpg

Last edited:
Ive talked with Brad several times over the past six months (and years). He indicated they were in trial in Dec. It was always “two more weeks”. This kinda seems the same. Brad owes me 2 or 3? steak dinners now. :)

To me it will be more interesting when Brad starts shipping production units.

Hopefully they are making progress, that would be nice.

Carl, are you building a -14 since you sold the -10? Where are you trialing the 6-cyl pmag?

Last edited:
First Steve Thorn aka "FlightChops" completed his IFR rating, now the 6-cylinder P-mags are shipping. What is this world coming to!

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that the P-mags are finally and actually shipping and we have heard from a few that they have them "in-hand". I really wanted to go this way but ended up making my decision a few months ago to go with the SDS system as I didn't have the confidence these things were going to be available before I was flying. Can't wait to hear feedback once people are flying with them as they look like an excellent drop-in upgrade to for a lot of folks without having to re-engineer their power system.

Last edited:
I did the same

... and with the SDS backup battery kit, have zero concerns about electrical system robustness (it is dual-alternator, just for kicks). This was an attractive option after years flying dual P-mags in my 6A, but took too long to come to market for this ol' boy.

Best wishes for all those who will install and fly 6-cyl P-mags. I'm sure they're a good product. Never had regrets about my P-mag decision all those years ago. Looking forward to the CPi2 future, though :D

Back