What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

10,000!

Congratulations to Van, the Van's team, and all of the 10,000 builders that made this happen!

(We must have gotten the press release at the same time DR!)

[ed. I bet you're right, Paul. I just got it. So we can say now we're in the 'Founders Club' ;^).....the FIRST 10,000 ;^). b,d

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful!

My decision to build an RV (the fact that the RV-10 is one of only a very few EAB 4 seaters notwithstanding) was significantly influenced by the previous milestone of 9,000. It indicates a staying power in the industry, the quality of the kits, and the support available from both the manufacturer and the builder community.

This is great news and I hope it leads to many more successful completions.

Amazing feat!

Proud to be one of the 10,000+, a real tribute to Van and the amazing employees to run a successful business that withstands the test of time and regulation!

Congratulations!

Congratulations to Vans and all of us builders and flyers. A true aviation accomplishment that ranks at the top not just of homebuilding but of all general aviation.

10,000 is an amazing number that today I'm sure Piper and Cessna would once again love to see. Somewhere is there a break down by RV model with how many of various kits sold? It seems there are many that never get finished. I'd expect from what I've seen that less than half ever get past the fuselage build stage with probably many more that are orphaned tail kits.

All the numbers are absolutely amazing. Individually, we've made airplanes. Altogether, we've made aviation history. Congrats to Van himself for his vision, to his employees who have raised the bar with every new model, and to builders around the world who have flown and experienced the thrill and the grin while flying their RV.

Congratulations to Vans and all of us builders and flyers. A true aviation accomplishment that ranks at the top not just of homebuilding but of all general aviation.

You said it well. I'm glad to be part of it.

Great to be a part of such a neat broad-based achievement. And thanks to Doug and this site for all the help and connection.

Proud to be one of the 10,000+, a real tribute to Van and the amazing employees to run a successful business that withstands the test of time and regulation!

Congratulations!

I'm amazed that Vans has been able to withstand the opportunistic, litigious US legal system (so far).

A terrific achievement by Vans in a notoriously difficult industry. :)

Better Late than Never!

Next month will be 10 years since I got my tail kit. I felt like I was late to the party back then :D

And now we hit 10,000! And the party is just starting!

Congrats to all of us :D:D

Congratulations to Van's for an amazing achievement in the kit aircraft market.

I would also like to congratulate Ken Krueger for his engineering knowledge that brought us five amazing kit airplanes that anyone can assemble.

Van's designed the 3, the 4, the 6 and the 8 during the first 23 years of Van's Aircraft. During the next 16 years after Ken Krueger joined Van's Aircraft, they introduced the 9, the 7, the 10, the 12 and the 14. Ken was very good for Van's....... and us.

Something different

I started my 8 in 1999, went with the RV in part because I wanted something different.
Guess I failed on that! 😁

As a friend said, when I was trying to decide on what to build, "There is a reason that there are over 4,500 flying." OK, I started building some time ago.

Congrats to Vans and all of us

Congratulations to everyone at Vans and all of us who helped reach this number. My 9A is part of the first 10,000. The 12 we are building in my garage will be part of the second 10,000.

Happy to see it was a 7 tipper! The best config of the bunch. ;-). Congrats!

Can't Wait......

.....till mine will be number 10,xxx someday! Working on Fuel Tanks - trying to get the wings done by the time this winter wraps up. QB fuse order is on the horizon....

BIG place in GA history.....

These total production numbers came from wikipedia:

Navions - 2,634
Cessna 170s - 5,174
Stinson 108s - 5,260
Ercoupes - 5,685
J-3 Cubs - 19,388
Bonanzas - 17,000 (all variations, all years '47 - '82)
Cherokee series - 32,778+ (incl. Warriors, Archers, Arrows, etc; 1961-2015)

For me, this makes the 10,000 flying RVs all the more impressive. :D

More than one per day for 21 yrs!

Looking at old copies of the RVator, the oldest ?RVs Flying? counter I show is February '97 and it shows 1556 RVs flying. (Later that year, the counter showed 1704 in the August '97 issue.) With today?s counter at 10,000, basic cipherin' shows 8444 RVs gone airborne over 20yrs, 10 months. That's an average of 402 RVs per year, or more than ONE PER DAY across nearly 21 years.

Back