What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kevins RV-7

N8857a

Here is where Im at with my -7. Ordered the finish kit a few days ago!!

29257072952_03c48827dc_b.jpg

29077730100_43fb6f9d26_b.jpg

29077726960_d660c74f52_b.jpg

29332449146_94cc02b37f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!! it is truly a life-affirming moment when you bolt the empennage and wings on for the first time and it takes on the appearance of an actual airplane.

Sweet. I hope to bolt the wings on mine in the next couple months. They could go on now but just get in the way.

That is a nice workshop. Except that you need to reverse your American flag.:eek:

That instrument panel looks huge! Or is it my imagination?

What is up with the brown color on the wingtips?

Looking good!

The panel is extended really low. Hope he checked on leg room and ingress/egress. Looks pretty tight. Mine is 1" lower and getting under there 10 times a day now is hard. I am a small guy too.

The brown looking wingtips is just the lighting, they are the gray ones. I extended the panel 3 1/2 inches down, but I plan on trimming it up a bit as I finalize things. Also planned for an inch of that to be bend back at a 90 to stiffen up it up, so it makes it look HUGE in the picture. Good catch on the Flag, its been on my list of things to fix!

Looking really good Kevin. I'm a bit behind you. I'm doing the flap rigging and nutplates around where the wing attach is.

Back