What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Projects - Center Stage at Wings Over Paris Airshow

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Eagle's Nest build-students from McKinney Aviation Academy
were among the stars at the Wings Over Paris Air Show.

(McKinney High School, McKinney North, and McKinney Boyd)

Wings%20over%20Paris_VAF_zpsh83bzd2a.jpg

Saturday morning in Paris, Texas, the clouds cleared and blue skies prevailed for the Wings Over Paris airshow. Thanks to the efforts of repo-man Kevin Lacey (also a mentor at the McKinney build) and the overwhelming support of the airshow management staff, Eagle's Nest Projects was featured center stage at the event. Build-students from McKinney Aviation Academy were on-hand throughout the day answering questions, doing media interviews, and generally enjoying "celebrity" status. McKinney is nearing the completion of their build but not yet flying and they chose to display a flying aircraft from Houston, the 3rd completion at Clear Springs High School. It was an outstanding day for all and the airshow was as good as it gets!

Last edited:
There's a great video about this year's event on YouTube... here's the link:
https://youtu.be/ia5wl6LNs-8
I got a BIG surprise when I watched this. It included an airplane that is near and dear to my heart... the very first Stearman I ever flew in... way back in 1984. I left a comment with details on the video.

Back