What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kicking off my RV-7 project

ToadMan8

Hello! After much deliberation and support from this forum, I took delivery of my empennage kit last week. I'm waiting on delivery of my Isham's tool kit.

In the mean time, I completed the inventory, removed the blue plastic, and put up a builder's blog http://rvhaslanded.blogspot.com/

I'd very much appreciate any feedback ("No!!! Why'd you do that?!?!") on my progress as I get started.

And, if you're in the area of Oxford, Ohio, a beer is waiting for the guy who demonstrates this pile of tools!

Good Luck !
I'm at 720 hours on the hobbs meter, just closed the tanks yesterday and still smiling...

Build on mate !

Toadman, i will be passin thru on my way to osh with my gf this summer. We will be in Solon, OH for a night or two.

Shoot me a PM. And we can have that beer!

:cool: CJ

Welcome Aboard!

I'm just a bit ahead of you (2 weeks?).... I've had a great time and don't have a clue. I look forward to reading your blog of your journey!

Michael

Looks like I'm in the right place. I just finished my Emp. kit and placed a down payment on the wing kit. Now back to home improvements in the next six weeks.

Welcome aboard!

Here's my log... www.mykitlog.com/cka357

Chuck

I also picked up my 7 tail kit

I got a tail that was started all ready craftsman ship was great now have rudder and elevators to build trying to figure out what eng I want 320 Or 360. Might be a while untill I can finsh it as I am in the process of moving

Thanks

Thanks you guys! I'm very excited, and a bit intimidated.

The tool kit should ship Friday or Monday, so it looks like I can get cracking the middle of next week.

That gives me time to read through all of the old posts on whether and what to prime!

Ahh. You opened the lid on that one. Great to see someone else starting! I am piecing together the tools now so I can get started once I relocate to DFW.

Thanks you guys! I'm very excited, and a bit intimidated.

The tool kit should ship Friday or Monday, so it looks like I can get cracking the middle of next week.

That gives me time to read through all of the old posts on whether and what to prime!

Practice Kit before Tail Kit

Jeffrey,
I'm not that far behind you. I suggest you order Van's practice airfoil kit before you start messing with more expensive aluminium pieces. I'm ordering my practice kit next week. My wife said buy the tools as an anniversary present from her...got to like that support!
Cheers,
George

Tyler
In what part of DFW will you be relocating to? I'm right in the middle next to DFW and pretty far along if you would like to touch base

Back