What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Support turnaround time

TShort

Well Known Member
Just wondering what others are experiencing in terms of response time with email support from Van's.

I sent an email a week ago but no response. Wondering if this is typical or if I should resend.

There was a note about web site downtime last Thurs night, and I sent the email late that night. It did not bounce back.

Support

It varies. I know e-mail goes into an electronic bin so it's not available to the staff till the following morning. I've gotten responses I two days and waited several. When it took more than three, I sent another and got a response. Good luck.

I've always got quicker response by calling. Email responses seemed to be hit or miss. Sometimes I got a quick response, but usually it took a few days.

I got into the habit of emailing photos, then calling. When they asked to see a photo, my response was that is was already in the queue. This allowed us to continue the conversation with the tech on the phone.

24+ hours is typical

They've been pretty good so far. I never expect a response sooner than 24 hours. Send Mon. early morning, hear back by early Tues. afternoon. Send late Fri. or on the weekend, don't count on a reply until Tues. morning because Sat. and Sun. don't count. Only once did I resend an email.

BTW, I never send a follow-up "thank you" email to Support. It's just one more email they have to open up and that much less time they have to get their work done.

Call. I've sent a few e-mails over the years and I never got a response. When I call I always get an answer.

I sent an e-mail to the info 'at' vans....
sent: 2:30pm 2/18
response: 6:15am 2/19

My repsonse: 12:45pm 2/19
van's response: 1:45pm 2/19

Seemed pretty good to me. Also note, this was for kit pricing, not tech support.

Last edited:
I've always got quicker response by calling. Email responses seemed to be hit or miss. Sometimes I got a quick response, but usually it took a few days.

I got into the habit of emailing photos, then calling. When they asked to see a photo, my response was that is was already in the queue. This allowed us to continue the conversation with the tech on the phone.

+1 Photos followed by the call usually works, sometimes they have been assigned and are not accessible. A quick forward to the techs direct email worked well too.

Thanks for the feedback ... I'll call later today.

I've been away from the project ... last time I really used tech support was ~2005, and I always called back then. Wasn't sure if email was preferred now...

Just wondering what others are experiencing in terms of response time with email support from Van's.

I sent an email a week ago but no response. Wondering if this is typical or if I should resend.

There was a note about web site downtime last Thurs night, and I sent the email late that night. It did not bounce back.

Have you checked your spam filter?
It is a common cause of not seeing a reply.

Back