What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Imageshack

laz

Well Known Member
I have tried various methods, but I cannot seem to view any of the pictures that show up with the Image shack logo intend of the picture. ANy help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

I stopped using Image Shack. Try Tinypic.com Free, and easy.

After you upload an image, just cut an past the code for forums that is displayed into your VAF post.

Easy peazy.

No help available . . .

I have tried various methods, but I cannot seem to view any of the pictures that show up with the Image shack logo intend of the picture. ANy help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

That is because the members who used ImageShack as the holding site for their pictures has vacated - canceled - dropped , insert other words - their account. Thus the pictures at the link posted are no longer available.

VAF only ONLY allows posting a link to a picture. The link destination not longer exists. Contact the poster to see if the image is still available.

I highly recommend Imgur for free picture hosting. You don't even need an account to post an album.

Second for Imgur.com. Upload a pic, and they give you a link to it. No account necessary. It's as simple as possible.

Image Shack

I used Image shack back in the early days of VAF since it was recommended. It was free and easy to use. I never did have an account and didn't need one to post. Unfortunately Image Shack had a change of heart over the years and the users with no account got booted, along with the file.

I have everything stored on my local computer so if anyone would like to see an image posted by GaryK just let me know. I have gotten a few PM's over the years to send a pic and was happy to do so.

There are many really good build websites that cover everything I posted and more.

Gary

Not going the "free" route

I pay $60 a year to have SmugMug host unlimited pictures and videos. It is worth it to be able to know that the service won't disappear with your photos. My web domain name is also tied to their service. It is very easy to set up. My build log is essentially a folder of pictures with multiple galleries. If you sign up, please use this link to get me credit for a referral.

Thanks to all for the reply. I did not realize that the pictures were no longer available.

Back