What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric Eye Candy

N130WN

Well Known Member
While working on my RV-7 tip-up cabin frame (roll bar), I started to think about lighting for the baggage area. It would be cool if I could touch a small momentary switch to turn on an LED light, and then it would fade off after 60 seconds or so. Just like when you close the door on a high-end car, and the dome light stays on for a while then fades off. Fancy. So far it seems like a delay-on-break relay would work for this, but I can't find what I'm envisioning on the web. Has anyone already done something like this? What parts did you use?

Larry, these delay's are available in the auto aftermarket parts catalog. I know of a guy who added one to his car. I'll touch base with him and see what he used as I couldn't find it on line.

Also, I used 1" electroluminescent strips on my roll bar for cabin lighting when boarding and loading stuff in back. I had to use two as they need to be cut where the latch slides under the roll bar.

Back