What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Classic Aero Seats For RV-6

Jim Lewellyn

Well Known Member
I want to purchase new seats for my 6 and I am trying to decide between the Classic Aero Sportsman and the Aviator seats.

I almost never fly for more than 3 hours at a time. I am leaning toward the Sportsman seats because of the price. I am looking for any feedback from others that are using the Sportsman seats.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.......

Yes I have the Sportsman seats in leather in my RV-6 and I am very happy with them. They are extremely comfortable however the longest flight I have had to date is a little over one hour.

I am about 5'10" and use one large and one small booster underneath, I did not get the additional comforfoam (sp?) padding that was an option at the time (about 8 months ago).

A very good compromise IMHO.

Doug Gray

Yes I have the Sportsman seats in leather in my RV-6 and I am very happy with them. They are extremely comfortable however the longest flight I have had to date is a little over one hour.

I am about 5'10" and use one large and one small booster underneath, I did not get the additional comforfoam (sp?) padding that was an option at the time (about 8 months ago).

A very good compromise IMHO.

Doug Gray

Thanks Doug. I am just a little taller than you so maybe the large booster cushion will work for me.

I have the Sportsman in my 6A. Plenty comphy for those three hour flights, and never feeling sore afterwards... :)

L.Adamson --- RV6A

New Seat Builder

My Super Six parner has been building seats and interiors since last winter.
We have a set in our RV now that are really prototypes but they are really as nice as any I've seen and I'm kind of picky.:D
With all memory foam, I've put in a 4 hour flight and they were really comfortable. He put up a web site before Oshkosh. Below is the link if your want to check it out.

http://pilotinteriors.com/Products.html

Regards, Bill

My Super Six parner has been building seats and interiors since last winter.
We have a set in our RV now that are really prototypes but they are really as nice as any I've seen and I'm kind of picky.:D
With all memory foam, I've put in a 4 hour flight and they were really comfortable. He put up a web site before Oshkosh. Below is the link if your want to check it out.

http://pilotinteriors.com/Products.html

Regards, Bill

Thanks Bill,

The seats look pretty nice in the pictures.

Jim

I just visited Classic Aero shop a couple weeks ago to pick out seats for my rv6. The aviator seats are quite a bit nicer. I like the integrated seat back that just attaches to the existing piano hinge in the cockpit.

I just visited Classic Aero shop a couple weeks ago to pick out seats for my rv6. The aviator seats are quite a bit nicer. I like the integrated seat back that just attaches to the existing piano hinge in the cockpit.

Hi James,

Did you try the CA-1 seats ? As I am in Australia, im not able to test them, so please give some feedback if possible.

thanks.

Not what you were asking for, but...

Wow, only one person with actual experience with the seats you are looking at...

I'm going to jump in and join the crowd:

I have 170 hours or so on a set of Aviators, and I think that they are the most comfortable vehicle seats I have ever sat in. They are brutally comfortable. I have flown as much as 10 hours in a day with no discomfort at all.

So, my thought is that you should get the Sportsman seats, because if they are even half as comfortable as the Aviators, you will be plenty comfortable. And you will have saved money and weight over the Aviator models.

Hans

Wow, only one person with actual experience with the seats you are looking at...

I'm going to jump in and join the crowd:

I have 170 hours or so on a set of Aviators, and I think that they are the most comfortable vehicle seats I have ever sat in. They are brutally comfortable. I have flown as much as 10 hours in a day with no discomfort at all.

So, my thought is that you should get the Sportsman seats, because if they are even half as comfortable as the Aviators, you will be plenty comfortable. And you will have saved money and weight over the Aviator models.

Hans

Jeez Doc, just when I thought I had it all figured out, you tell me this! :) I am glad to hear that you are so happy with the Aviator seats. The folks at CA have been kinda tilting me toward the Aviator. I wish their shop wasn't so far for me. I would really like to sit my butt in both of them to try them out. And, I just really don't want to wait til SNF or OSH to do so. Thanks for the feedback.

Jamie,

They had just finished the some of the first CA-1 seats when I was there. Unfortunately, I looked at them after checking out the Sportsman and Aviator seats. They seem like quality seats. Very basic, but nice.

Hi James,

Did you try the CA-1 seats ? As I am in Australia, im not able to test them, so please give some feedback if possible.

thanks.

Back