What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Kid on the Block

Greetings All.

Just thought I'd introduce myself to this bunch since I expect I'll be spending a lot of time here and asking more than my share of (stupid?) no, lets say basic questions.

After lurking around, asking a few questions, and almost ordering an RV-7 kit I finally bit the bullet and placed an order for my RV-14 empennage kit. It ships today! I'm stoked.

Some of you folks have already answered some of my inquiries and I've even had a couple offers to let me come look over RV-14's here in Florida. Thank you. If anyone in the Melbourne area has a -14 I'd love to hear from you too.

By way of that introduction, I'm a lifetime Bonanza pilot who keeps his P35 here at KMLB. Lord willing I don't expect that to change--certainly not as a result of taking on this project.

I stay instrument current since I just put all new glass in the Bo and I love the challenge of weather flying. I also enjoy working on my toys just about as much as using them, which is why I got my A&P a couple years ago. Just for amateur/recreational use.

My goal here, as mentioned in another post, is to have a challenging long-term project and to hopefully get to the point of flying it to build tailwheel proficiency and explore the edges of the flight envelope a little more. Much as I love the Bo, it's not very well-suited for either of those missions.:)

So, thanks again for the help and advice so far, and please be patient with me as the questions start to roll.

If you're a 14'er in the Brevard County area, or if you're planning a visit I'd love to hear from you.
Randy

Randy, welcome to the =VAF= familia. Stand by for you Rv experience. It is addictive. By by big Bo. Your neighbor down south.
IMG-0735.jpg

Hi Randy,

I'm not in Brevard Co., but fairly close: Chuluota/Oviedo area of Seminole Co. Here's my blog - https://alex-rv14a.blogspot.com

I'm also building a -14A, not a -14, but aside from the centerline wheel, the differences are negligible.

Regards,
Alex

Welcome and enjoy!!! The 14 is so much fun to build.

I once lived in Tampa and used to fly out of KTPF. Still own a house there too. I prefer it out here in SF. It's 66 today with light clouds and I'm about to go out to the hangar to work on some panel stuff.

Never hesitate to ask questions. There'll be a LOT of them.

- Andrew

Hi Randy,

I'm based at KISM with an RV-14A in Phase 1. I'd be glad to show you the plane most anytime.

Back