What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ZULU Trade Up Deal

David-aviator

Well Known Member
About 3 weeks ago, while on a $100 hamburger run, an older Lightspeed 20-3G headset broke where the metal strap slides into the plastic frame in the top of the device. The headset still worked but was rather awkward with one side clamped down and the other not, sort of like an ear muff flopping in the breeze.

It seemed like a good time to take advantage of the trade up deal to a ZULU rather than have it repaired.

Yesterday the new ZULU arrived. It took about 2 weeks to complete the deal - for $460.68 - and the new headset sure is comfortable. I have not had a chance to use it in the airplane but I'm sure it is as good or better than the 20-3G. They literally gave me full trade in value for the 20-3G after using it 6+ years.

Lightspeed is AOK. :)

Zulu works great!

You will love your new Zulu headset. I also traded my 30-3G for a Zulu awhile back and they work great. I prefer them over a pair of Bose X than I now have to sell. Great customer service from Lightspeed if you ever need anything.

Like the RV-10....

....the more you use them, the more you like them.....every bit equal to my Bose, if not superior.

Best,

I've got a set and they work really well in the high noise of my RV-4. I have recently experienced a high pitch squeal in the right ear cup. Sounds like we are doing a hearing test in that ear. You can move the ear cup around or compress it on your head and it will stop for a short period and then start again. LightSpeed says no problem, send them back. I just can't quit flying long enough to part with them. :(

Lightspeed

I have the Bose headset, Lightspeed Zulu and a Lightspeed 30g. All great headsets but the Zulu is outstanding and I believe even a little better than the Bose. After reading the trade in thread earlier I went to the Lightspeed website and went for the trade in deal on the 30g. $350 and the new Zulu is on order. I just need to get out to the hangar this week and box up the 30g for return.

Pat

I just got in the first 0.2 yesterday with my new trade-up Zulus, and the difference from my XLs is absolutely incredible! Worth every penny - should have done this much sooner!

(we sound like a bunch of copy writers for Lightspeed:D)

greg

Zulu's don't fit women well

The Zulu's don't fit most women well. They have come up with a new piece to add to the band to make sure they fit our petite heads. Make sure you ask for it.

Mercedes
RV-6A

Back