What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great price on Denso plugs for LSE

Beer30?

Well Known Member
Hello all,

I'm building up an engine and will install a Lightspeed II ignition. As it's been discussed here multiple times, Klaus recommends the Denso W27EMR-C plugs over the NGK plugs. The problem is, the Denso costs $8-9 each for standard plugs, while the NGK (which many people swear by) go for about $2 each. I'll probably try the NGK's eventually, but wanted to at least start with what Klaus recommends.

I was just at Carquest getting some plugs and wires for my truck, and thought I'd ask about the Denso plugs. They didn't have them in stock, nor did any of their other stores, but they could order them direct from the Denso warehouse in Long Beach for $2/plug. I had to pay an extra $8 for UPS freight, but that still comes out to only $3 each. I don't know if you can get this deal online, but if you have a Carquest near you, they may be able to help you out.

Cheers,

David

Denso-sesational!

Hello all,

I'm building up an engine and will install a Lightspeed II ignition. As it's been discussed here multiple times, Klaus recommends the Denso W27EMR-C plugs over the NGK plugs. The problem is, the Denso costs $8-9 each for standard plugs, while the NGK (which many people swear by) go for about $2 each. I'll probably try the NGK's eventually, but wanted to at least start with what Klaus recommends.

I was just at Carquest getting some plugs and wires for my truck, and thought I'd ask about the Denso plugs. They didn't have them in stock, nor did any of their other stores, but they could order them direct from the Denso warehouse in Long Beach for $2/plug. I had to pay an extra $8 for UPS freight, but that still comes out to only $3 each. I don't know if you can get this deal online, but if you have a Carquest near you, they may be able to help you out.

Cheers,

David

Thanks David, Denso are my favorites as well. After using Autolite 386's in my Electroair equipped RV's/Rocket for 15 years, I installed a set of Denso's and they stay even cleaner than the 386's.

The local air-boaters agree, they all use Denso's.
I will stop by carquest...

V/R
Smokey

Back