What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

where to get phenolic spacer

KitfoxJoe

Hello
I need the phenolic spacer that goes between my io-360 manifold and my silverhawk servo. I looked on aircraft spruce and wicks with no luck. Anyone know where to get one? Thanks Joe

AERO on this site sells the Silverhawk line. I bet you can get one from them. Seems most made their own. This Post states Van's supplied a thin one in a kit form.

Fedico94

I am at that stage in my RV9A and I have a 1/4 inch phenolic spacer supplied by Van's with the VA-182 control linkage bracket. It set the SilverHawk injection servo at the correct height for my vertical induction IO-320. This was of course dependent on the position of the FAB box assembled and mounted on the engine servo (which is another long story). This was aligned with lower cowl with proper intake scoop (O-360) that had been placed in its permanent mounting position with the cowling attach mounting plates in place for the MilSpec rceptacles.

Last edited:
Aero has what you need

On my horizontal injection IO360, Aero part number SL73161 worked perfectly with my Bendix RSA5. airpowerinc.com has it for $34. Aircraft Spruce had it for $39. Google SL73161 and find the best pricing....

Talk with Don at Airflow Perormance

I needed one and spoke to Don at Airflow Performance. He cautioned me to ensure my spacing stackup with my cowl would work with the spacer (some times a problem with the stock cowls) At times it's an easier fix to change out the studs on the manifold. In the end, i had him make me a spacer, which was fairly inexpensive and provided quickly. Don has given me plenty of expert advice already, so I felt good seeing him some money for a part I knew I could have built.

YMMV,

David

Back