What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Map Box dimensions

Beer30?

Well Known Member
Hello all,

I'm laying out my panel, getting ready to send it off to my son to have him cut it out on one of his cool C&C toys. The one thing I'm missing at this point is the drawing for the map box. I know I'll get it with the map box kit, but can someone help me out with the panel cutout dimensions? I tried the Search function, but no joy. Thanks in advance for your help.

David

Let me find it at the hangar. Be careful to position properly accounting for the subpanel ribs. We had to modify our map box on install due to interference with the subpanel rib. If I can find it I will PM it to you.

No dimension on the drawings, just like most all Van's pre-punched parts. The Cutout is made with a template. I suggest you order the kit and use the actual parts to lay out your panel. There are many potential interferences both with the panel, subpanel, and ribs.

The many map boxes I've made all have a 2 1/2 strip added between the halves to increase the box height to a useful gap that you can get a fist into. The standard is too low to fish around in.

John Siebold

Thanks

I've received what I need for now, I'll buy the map box kit later. Thanks to those who responded to me.

DD

Back