What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Craig Field, Florida question.

pierre smith

Well Known Member
I have to attend our Southeast Ag convention in Jacksonville, Fl. from tomorrow afternoon until Wednesday. Plan on flying to CRG and would like suggestions on an RV friendly FBO and the possibility of being hangared.

Thanks,

Craig is good

Pierre ---- Craig is good, Herlong also great (my favorite) --- not sure about hangar space though.

Have a good trip!

Hello Pierre,

I've used Sky Harbor and Craig Air Center. Both are OK, but I prefer Craig Air Center. I dropped in there unannounced late one evening when I could not make it back in to New Smyrna Beach because of weather. Craig hustled and got us a hotel room, a ride to the hotel, and put the airplane in a hangar for me. I've also used them as a drop-off FBO on a Pilots n Paws flight and they were very accommodating.

+1 Craig Air Center. I rented a hangar from Sky Harbor for years. Treated tenants like ****, would park planes in front of our hangars without notice when they knew a big event was in town to make room for the jets on the ramp and were generally less than friendly toward non-corporate jet crowd. Plus..the girls at Craig Air Center are 100 times better looking :)

Craig Air Center

I have been in there several times and they have been super helpfull. They had to shell out $$$$ for a new nose wheel pant when they buggered it up with there tug after instructions about not moving it. That was 4 years ago and thus they know about RV10. The manager said they even had a sign up back in the shop about moving a 10. They made the problem right and thus I have gone back several times since with nothing but great service.

Gary Specketer

+1...... Plus..the girls at Craig Air Center are 100 times better looking :)

You guys sure know how to lure a traveler! Craig it is....lovely ladies a nice bonus:) BTW, if any of you guys are nearby and would like to fly my -10, I'll be available Wednesday afternoon.

Thanks guys.

I might fly N256H up and take you up on that. We should have the Skyview upgrade done by then.

Blackhawks at Craig

Pierre, make sure you find out where it's going to be parked. Some of the Blackhawk helicopters, that I work on, are going to be there. They will be coming and going from Craig Air Center. You don't want to be parked anywhere near them. Wish I was there, I'd like to meet you!

If you see the civilian guys working on the blackhawks tell them how lucky they are to work with Bobby Hester ;-)

Back