What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Modern mixture control replaces the 'Red knob'....

Walt

Well Known Member
The old fashioned 'Red Knob' mixture control has been officially replaced
with this new state of the art mixture dial with custom placard :eek:

I think this old dog is going to need some training!

i-cB2h2g7-S.jpg

Last edited:
SDS heaven

I love it. I just Looks like somebody needs to do some programing of their SDS installation.
I just installed the SDS EM-5F in my RV-6A 0-360 and understand the situation.
Adjust mixture knob till you get good start parameters then adjust the computer to fit. Same with every other setting.
Works great.
I just used a felt pen on the new sub panel I made for the switches. But I've washed it all of now.
I really like the new shut down. Pull up to the hanger, kill fuel, motor dies as I shut off master and ignition switches.
No more mags WooHoo !!!!!
Art
OK So here I am 2 months down the road from first post. I had to replace the 24ppoint7 02 sensor system with Ballenger's system. Running Costco premium and doing great. Now, I pretty much don't touch the lean knob, just start with throttle closed. It just fires up like one would like it to. OH by the way, that's hot or cold. Maybe have to tweak it a little richer sometimes. Warm it up, roll onto the active and firewall it. It adjust itself for climb, altitude and RPM values.
Thanks to Ross and friends that build this stuff

Last edited:
I pretty much leave that knob in the neutral position now in my plane for all modes of operation, from start up thru to shut down. Only real adjustment being when I flip the LOP switch in cruise.

I hope the owner continues to tweek his system toward a more interactive fuel map that works with his engine setup.

Last edited:
Best knob I ever installed in my panel. I don't have it trimmed as tight as Ralph does yet but I'm sneaking up on it. :cool:

Back