What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

3/4" SCAT Duct Flange?

avrojockey

Well Known Member
Patron
I need a couple 3/4" aluminum flanges for scat blast tubing...smallest ACS has is 1". Anyone know source?

I need a couple 3/4" aluminum flanges for scat blast tubing...smallest ACS has is 1". Anyone know source?

This may or may not be helpful, but I 3D printed some custom flanges out of ABS because I have access to a printer in my work's maker space. They were custom because I wanted to hang them from a Adel clamp. May not be an option for you, but if you know someone with a printer they are dirt cheap to make.

What I did

You may have already seen/dislike/or maybe not..I didnt use any flange for my 3/4, and used the black corrugated tube, "screwed" into a 3/4ish diameter hole, then RTV bead sealed. Clean and simple. You can see one on the inlet ramp and 2 on the back baffle.

Attachments

• O320 front side.jpg
    O320 front side.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 274

I have several of the nice, custom made 3/4" bell mouth flanges left that I would like to sell $15 each. The 1/4"R bell mouth allows them to flow better and have a 063" flange for securing. I made these at home and the fit and finish is nice. They should flow about 20% more air due to eliminating the turbulence at the entry. Please PM me.

I have made these, on request, for a few folks in both 5/8", as well as 1". All dimensions are OD and should match the Scat or corrugated hose size.

I am also considering making bell mouth flanges for the 4 or 5" oil cooler hose. I know many struggle with high oil temps and being able to reduce the turbulence to increase air flow could be an advantage. The stock is more expensive, so they won't be cheap, like these little parts. I am looking to work with someone who can test them out and prove their effectiveness.

Larry

IMG_1594.JPG
IMG_1595.JPG

Last edited:
Scat tube inlets

Received today the flanges from Larry. They are very nicely done! Thanks, Larry!

Scat Tube - Nice work

Larry- I received your flanges over the weekend.

Wow! Much, much nicer than I expected. Overall great looking, great quality and great price. Thanks for the quick turn on these.

Back