What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P/N for Van's oil door latches

David_Nelson

Well Known Member
Anybody know the p/n for Van's oil door latches, the ones that look like elephant ears, for a -7 cowl? Technically, I only need a couple of the special washers that hold the latch in place - not sure what those types of washers are called.

If you know of a drop-in replacement, I'd be interested in that, too.

Back story: The 7A is getting painted and I had the paint guy remove the oll door latches which meant destroying the washer on the back side. It's a couple of weeks away from completion so I need to either source 1) replacement washers, 2) replacement latch assemblies, or 3) drop-in replacements that look better than the cadmium plated "elephant ear" versions - maybe there's a stainless version out there or something similar.

By 'drop-in replacement" I mean that I can use the existing socket/receiver that's riveted to the cowl and no mods are needed on the oil door.

Thanks,

David,
You can have my stock latches for free. I'm at San Marcos KHYI and will be at the hanger tonight. Let me know.
Larry

Bag #909-1

That's what mine are in. Contains two fasteners, two receptacles and a couple of toothed washers. My bag was dated 06/19/13.

Dave

Back