What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Pedal Extensions

I have fitted the anti splat extensions on my 6 and they are a great improvement. Thoroughly recommend them and not too difficult to fit.

Don't have any experience with the aftermarket parts, but a cheap piece of rubber hosing over the bottom bars, secured with a couple zip ties, usually is all you need, especially if you keep your heels on the floor and have the rudder pedal weldments appropriately angled (e.g. angled just slight aft at the bottom).

These Work Well

After I flew a couple flights in my RV-7, I found I had to hold my feet in an unnatural position to keep from dragging the brakes. I got a set of these extensions and have been very pleased. They're literally a screw-on accessory. The hardest part was getting down by the pedals to install them--but they do screw on from the front. Definitely a plus. It took maybe ten minutes to install them, including opening the box. Not many things I can say that about.:rolleyes:

The other suppliers' versions will probably work equally well, but I can only vouch for the ones I'm using.

https://www.aerosportproducts.com/product/rv-rudder-peddle-extensions/

Tom Doran (RV-8A) made these for me (and a few other builders). He also made a steel drilling jig to make the screw holes in the rudder pedal frame.

Works perfectly.

Please overlook the “before Dan Horton educated me” firewall insulation on this RV-10.
Carl
6901-E6-A8-E3-A8-448-B-8-D78-D0980-F863-F5-F.jpg

54-DF564-E-2-AF5-440-B-8-A90-C660-BB174842.jpg

Rudder pedal extensions

Don't have any experience with the aftermarket parts, but a cheap piece of rubber hosing over the bottom bars, secured with a couple zip ties, usually is all you need, especially if you keep your heels on the floor and have the rudder pedal weldments appropriately angled (e.g. angled just slight aft at the bottom).

Exactly what I did hours/years ago on SuzieQ (RV-4). Haven't had any problems since. Not quite as fancy as the purpose-made ones but serve the purpose. :)

wouldn't install any extensions where drilling of the pedals is required... failure inducing isn't a good idea...

Choose another provider, and very :)

Back