Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 07-03-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Iím looking at a VFR autopilot for my RV 6
Since you have an older plane, it might be more likely you have a non-standard static setup. My RV-6 used a Piper pitot/static mast, and it made the Trio autopilot completely haywire. I had to move my static ports to the standard location to get it to work right. You can read the details in this thread.
Old 07-03-2022, 10:00 PM

Default Static ports

Hi, I have a AV 30E connected to my static port & it works well. Looking at the port it looks like standard ? Cheers 🐍.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:27 PM

Before my panel refresh last year, I flew for 6 years with a TruTrak Vizion 385, now branded as a Bendix-King xCruze 100.

It was driven by a GNS430W.

It was a very capable unit, it taught me a lot, and if I had a similarly-equipped airplane I'd put the same system in again. The new owner who bought it from me has reported that he's very happy with it too.

My only criticisms of it: the LCD display de-laminated, and was expensive to replace; And it doesn't have a magnetometer, so there's no HDG lateral mode (you get TRK instead. ATC probably won't notice the difference)

In the RV-6 it used to "hunt" a bit for pitch in ALT HOLD mode until I adjusted some sensitivity/gain parameters to slow down its response a bit. Having thus calmed it down, it gave me smooth rides for years.

- mark