What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How do you know you are still Young!

scard

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Ok, you guys are having too much fun depressing yourselves talking about how OLD you are. We need the corollary thread. Lets keep it directly RV related...

How do you know you're still Young?
- When your finish kit order contains parts for the NEXT RV project.
- When you order tools in order to set two rivets in this project, and have already identified the six rivets that you're going to use it on in the next one.
- When you are confident in calling all of your very good RV friends "old fogies".
- When your 3rd class medical is good for five years, and your friends are amazed that such a thing is possible.

I can think of many more, but I'll let others think of how much fun it is to be Young.

My son would say

When you program an RV7 into the X-plane version 10 you got for Christmas, so you can practice while your Dad finishes the real one

When you forget a tool in the airplane and don't have to catch your breath before you climb back in after it. Being an A&P may make you gimpy, but it usually keeps you skinny.

You push your RV upslope without powered tow bar everyday.
You eat a lot at fly ins and box the rest.
You always out of money.
You don't understand half of what is said in OLD's thread.

When you can still drag your fully fueled C-170 up the sloped apron into the hangar. I don't expect that will always be the case; speed isn't the only reason I'm swithching to an RV-7 for my later years.

When your graduation year (from high school) is 2011.
I dont think there are very many people here who can say that, but most of you have me beat. I am bumming rides still and a long way from building. :(

When you can complete a slow build Fuselage to quick build stage in month or 220 hours......

When you are on track to have your RV finished before you turn 27.....

-david

When you can't wait to turn 25 so your car insurance will go down.

Also, when you can't wait to PCS outside of AETC so you don't have to get a safety briefing every time I go 90 miles or more away from Dayton...

When all the airport bums surmise that since you are young you are also foolish and they always tell you stuff you already know and you just nod your head in agreement in order to not be rude.

Note: I'm not talking about people who have actually been around for a while for whom I hold the utmost respect -- I'm talking about the know-it-alls. You know who you are. :)

You know you are still Young.

When life is simple enough that you get up and look out the window seeing good enough weather to fly. Then you call your list of co-pilots and just go out and fly. Simple...

Still Young?

After getting an earnest start into my seventh decade, I can honestly say that youth is wasted on the young.

They say that sixty is the new thirty, and it's true. Except for the body, which is still sixty.

Average age of the typical airport bum

When all the airport bums surmise that since you are young you are also foolish and they always tell you stuff you already know and you just nod your head in agreement in order to not be rude.

I recall the days when all the airport bums were young and foolish.

Back