What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 first engine start, Sydney Australia

eddieseve

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

After plugging in the wings to drill the rear spars, and then packing them away, I did my first engine start to check that I had no plumming leaks for fuel, oil etc.

I pulled the plugs to eject any preservative oil and also to ensure that I had oil pressure and to lubricate the engine, I then stuffed up priming the engine for start and flooded it as you will see in the youe tube video.

http://youtu.be/fXulTjqwqLs

Happy New Year
Eddie

Now that you have un-preserved the engine how long before you get the rest of the build completed and start flying her?

Do you have plan for inhibiting if this is longer than a few weeks or so?

Big milestone well done!

Barefoot in January; gotta love it! Down Under is definitely on my bucket list.:cool:

Hi guys,

I am in Arcadia which is in the North West of Sydney..

I have the plane booked in for painting at the beginning of March and have pulled the pugs and squirted all the cylinders with LP3 and re-installed the dissident packs. Hope this will be sufficient for a couple of months.

Hoping to have it assembled and ready for test flying by the beginning of April.

That will put me at around the 3 year mark for the build.

Cheers
Eddie

I love the sound of a radial starting !
Congratulations Eddie, hope to see you up into SE QLD one day.

Hi Jamie

Looking forward to it, I have looked at your build a few times and you're RV looks great, how is the test flying going.

I was actually amazed it started given I had fuel running out of the exhaust pipes after the first cranking attempt.

Cheers
Eddie

Good to hear. I would hate to think I just witnessed a case of premeditated engine abuse:D

Get cracking on the other jobs, you are at the 90% done and 90% to go stage.

Hi Jamie

Looking forward to it, I have looked at your build a few times and you're RV looks great, how is the test flying going.

I was actually amazed it started given I had fuel running out of the exhaust pipes after the first cranking attempt.

Cheers
Eddie

I had 40 hrs of test flying, all went great ! The only problem I have is that a few screws in the wheel pants keep on falling out, Im going to use a small amount of lock tight to stop them.

I have over 60hrs in it so far. Im doing a trip over to WA for a fly inn at my old home field of YBLN ( Busselton ) on the 4th march 2012.

keep us updated on your progress please.

Congratulations Eddie, well done !

Ive sent you a PM on another matter.

Regards

Derek

Hangar 6 YCNK

Back