What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 handling

ksauce

Well Known Member
Patron
Hey all,

I'm a big dude (6'5" and 260 lbs) and owned a 6A; the 14 seems like a dream come true. I think it fits my mission perfectly as my wife didn't really do well with the 6's sporty handling and the lack of room. Heck, even solo I was uncomfortable in it for more than 2 hours. The ability to go up after work and get upside down to relieve some stress (read: no competition acro or even close to it) sounds fantastic. I am, however, concerned about the handling after reading Paul Dye's Kitplanes flight review. For those of you that have flown the prototype more recently, how would you you describe the control forces and harmony?

Rv14a

Kevin, I flew the demo plane 2 years ago at osh. I'm 6'4 240 and fit in the 14 with plenty of room. It handles great! The most responsive plane I have ever flow .slowflight has plenty of control. Made a great impression on me as I am working on emp. Kit now try to get a demo ride if you can I'm sure you'll be equally impressed with its handling and room.

... It handles great! The most responsive plane I have ever flow .slowflight has plenty of control. Made a great impression on me ...

This is a KEY point when talking about how something handles, compared to WHAT?

Paul has an R-8, -6, and -3 and has flown a LOT of different airplanes. While I haven't flown the -14, I'm pretty sure it is not as responsive as the other RV's but much sportier than most GA aircraft.

RVBuilder is the guy you want to talk to as he has a lot of time in the -14 and the other RV's.

Back