What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What song is your flying style!?

pilotian

Well Known Member
I have a lot of songs, that when I listen to I think... "this would be a good song to put with my flying video".

Whats your guy's songs that you put on your flying footage that you inevitably post on the web for others viewing pleasure (like mine)

Note: The Killers - "All these things Ive done" can not be mentioned. Its used in 65% of the flying montage videos I have seen on youtube!

Some of mine:
- Boston: "Peace of Mind"
- Boston: "Feelin Satisfied"
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones: "The Impression that I get"
-The list could go on forever.... and ever

So lets hear them, whats your flying songs!?

Last edited:
here's a few:

- one republic: good life
- kenny loggins: danger zone (the complete top gun soundtrack in fact is great)
- LMC vs U2: take me to the clouds above (great video out there from some u.n. troops including a caravelle and an L1011)
- a lot of "trance" tunes, e.g. "sky" by "dito" / "are you ready to fly" by "dune" / "fly with me" by "dj's at work" etc... there's really a lot of trance that has some reference to sky/flying and fits nicely with some cloudsurfing.
- steppenwolf: magic carpet ride. there's a great movie on the web with an f18 doing some cloudsurfing.

rgds, bernie

"Bring Me Sunshine," by the Jive Aces

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAAST Team Representative
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

I don't know how you can fly without listening to The Killers. But since your rules say they are barred, then anything by OAR or Bodeans

RE: Music

How about .....

while flying .... So Far From Home by Torcuato Mariano .... Thanks Dan Checkoway for this beautiful music on one of your flying videos. It really kept me going during my build to see what was in store if I would just tough it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i7jvSCxCTU

On the other hand: My plane, that likes to be called Buzz (after my father who showed me the love of flying but he wasn't a pilot) really enjoys Gary U.S. Bonds song called Burden.;)

http://www.we7.com/#/song/Gary-U-S-Bonds/Burden

Frank @ 1L8 ... RV7A .... Flying

Last edited:
I don't know how you can fly without listening to The Killers. But since your rules say they are barred, then anything by OAR or Bodeans

I did not bar the killers, i barred that specific song cause we all love and overuse it. I love the killers and all their songs feel free to name them!!!!!

Mine

Frank Weir: The Happy Wanderer
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole: Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World

Bob Axsom

When i,m spinning and i go from upright to inverted back to upright, somehow "Unglued" by stone temple pilots comes to mind all the time!

A few years ago a mile and a half over Garden City Kansas my I-pod shuffled over to "Kansas: Song for America" which fit perfectly on a long cross country.

Also "Heaven" by Angels and Airwaves is great for local flights.

Paul Danclovic
Jamestown NC
RV-8A N181SB

Depends

For me aerobatics requires one type of music and just cruising requires another.
I like something hard for acro. For cruising I love the eagles, Chicago even a little Metallica *fade to black".
Ryan

Can't believe that we made it to page 3, and nobody has offered up....

Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf!

Awesome tune to yank, bank, and get in a few slow, lazy rolls during the intro, and loops and immelmans at the appropriate places!

Im just suprised a thread i made, made it to page 4! A lot of people must of been thinking of the same topic i always have!

:D

I did a 3 1/2 minute video about my build, with the last minute or so the first flight. I commissioned a recording of "I'll Fly Away," gospel. I know some of you have seen/heard it. I still like it!

Bob

Arlo Guthrie: "Comin' into Los Angelees"
Except I never could figure out why there were "chickens flyin' everywhere around the plane".

I did a 3 1/2 minute video about my build, with the last minute or so the first flight. I commissioned a recording of "I'll Fly Away," gospel. I know some of you have seen/heard it. I still like it!

Bob

link us to video!!!

Stylin'

Three instrumental pieces:

"Morning Dance" - Spyro Gyra
"Route 101" - Herb Alpert
"Jessica" - Allman Bros.

On some days "Flying in a Blue Dream" (by Joe Satriani).
On other days "Aces High" (by Iron Maiden).

I'd be the weird guy listening to stuff by Wumpscut, Funker Vogt, Combichrist, and the like... But I used to work 12 hour shifts listening to a variety of stuff on gabber labels...

If/when I make videos, I'll probably enlist the aid of friends and/or relatives, because industrial music isn't what most consider relaxing, and the only thing I could really see fitting one of my current favourite songs would be in cockpit video for the Tiger Meets...

Great thread..

My fav is Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young (not just because my a/c is Cinnamon and Cream colored).
Mostly..anything by Neil Young, Wilco, Uncle Tupelo, Jayhawks..on my flying playlist.

Suresh
BTW..totally different topic..anyone check out Spotify.

What to do

Im just suprised a thread i made, made it to page 4! A lot of people must of been thinking of the same topic i always have!

:D

Heck, Ian, might as well go for Five pages. I see you are 18! I have 3 suggestions:
1. Finish college
2. Finish college
3. Finish your Instrument Rating

link us to video!!!

I never posted it. Back then ('07) videos on the net looked awful to me. They seem better quality now. If you want a copy, PM me an address and I'll send a DVD. Anyone want to post it for me? Never learned that trick...

Bob

Back