What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14A N9030 #141157

After years of research, planning, and saving, it’s official. We’re expecting! Deposit cashed and our place in line happened at 01:22am PST. #141157

We’ve been following so many of your builds, learning, and enjoying the posts and talent on here.

Pics and vids later. Time to finish up the shop garage “hangar.”

John

Congratulations, just received my email as well, #141156, I look forward to following your progress. Fingers crossed the kits come early. 😉

Congrats. I ordered my kit in March of 2018 and my s/n is 140480 so Vans has been selling about 200 kits per year the last couple of years. The 14 may end up being their best seller at this rate…..until the 15 starts delivering anyway!

FYI about 70 hours on my 14A so far and love it. Almost trouble free and exactly meets the published performance specs.

Congrats. I ordered my kit in March of 2018 and my s/n is 140480 so Vans has been selling about 200 kits per year the last couple of years. The 14 may end up being their best seller at this rate…..until the 15 starts delivering anyway!

FYI about 70 hours on my 14A so far and love it. Almost trouble free and exactly meets the published performance specs.

That’s great! And totally agree on the -14. In 2018 we almost sent our deposit in for a -7. So glad we waited. The -14 is perfect for us.

The rate of sale may have accelerated of late. Today marks 4 months since placing my order. My serial # is 109 numbers earlier the OP.

RBR

Thanks for the info. Greg Hughes has mentioned in various interviews that the RV-14 is the fastest selling kit these days.

Welcome and Congrats!

May I suggest the Wiki for more research and help in your build.

See Signature

Builder #141156, I just drove to Vans last week and picked up my tail kit. Just finished the inventory, all items there with no back ordered parts. Can't wait to start. Helodriver and Mike, I sure yours are on the way.

I have been watching Ryan Ensmigner on Youtube as he details his RV-14 empennage build.

Back