What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV14a - Broxy's Bird (NZ)

NZRV14

I'm New Here
Hi there from down under in New Zealand, I'm in Whakatane (No that isn't a swear word) in the Bay of Plenty and its not called the Sunshine Capital for nothing. My RV14a Empennage kit arrived a little over two weeks ago, inventory is done and I'm itching to drive my first rivet on the vertical stabilizer. The lead times are so horrific that I've already placed my order for Wings & Fuselage so I have about 8 months plus shipping time to get the tail feathers built.

I've wanted to build a Vans for over 20 years, did buy an RV7 empennage many years ago but never started it and went travelling instead, the matched hole computer aided design of the RV14 brought it back to the top of my bucket list, now I just have to build it.

Hi Andrew

Exciting news - another RV in the Bay of Plenty!
I have sent you a PM with contact details for the Bay of Plenty chapter of the NZ Sport Aircraft Association.
Please get in touch. We have several RVs in the group and have regular flying activities (often to Whakatane).
There is plenty of mentoring help available in the group to help you with your build.

Cheers
Jim

Back